Understanding Depression in the simplest way…
A person has multiple types of feelings in his / her life. Feelings such as anger, fear, sadness, happiness, energetic courageous etc. But faulty mood and medical problems can make a person low and eventually it leads to depression.
What is depression?
Depression is a mood disorder that causes a feeling of sadness having a loss of interest. It’s a serious mood disorder that can negatively impact your Heath and quality of life, as well as those closest to you. As there are many people who are struggling with depression nowadays some don’t receive any help they required and thus face sever mood swings issues. Every people suffering from this issue can have very wrong impacts in their mind. whether someone is suffering from the family, it can be about child in his/her school. This effects the person so poorly at work at school and in the family. Depression can even lead to suicide. And yes, depression does not consider money, status, gender, society etc… anyone from anywhere can suffer it.
Why depression happens?
- Depression usually happens when the person is unhappy with his mental state.
- when there is loss of interest or enjoyment in daily to daily activities.
- There is persistent sadness and hopelessness mood
- Frequently, there is feeling of Nervousness and feeling of guilt, fear.
- feeling of helplessness
Some hidden traits of Depression
- You have difficulty in accepting and expressing painful expression.
- Have emotional difficulty in personal relationships.
- You get excessive sense of responsibility.
- Tend to worry and avoid situations where control isn’t possible.
- The person with depression become more emotionally distant.
- The person wants to be alone at all.
Depression varies from person to person but we should take a close look that which symptoms varies in a men and women.
Symptoms in Men are:
- Insomnia or excessive sleep
- Inability to think or concentrate
- Depressed mood feeling of sadness
- Loss of interest in work or hobbies
- Change in behavior, becomes abusive sometimes.
Symptoms in women are:
- A persistent sad mood
- Loss of interest in pleasurable activities.
- Feelings of panic.
- Increase in menstrual problem.
People with Depression becomes slow and dumb -When someone experience negatively all the time the capacity to think more and new gets shattered. We should always keep in mind that how to deal with people suffering from depression. We should know the ways and time like how to talk to them, what to say and what not to and when is the right situation to talk. The Importance of Mental Health (read)
How to talk someone who is suffering from depression ?
What to say:
- You are good enough to achieve everything in your life
- Everyone loves you
- Everyone is there for you no matter what.
- You are so talented and creative
- Keep smiling always for your loved ones
- Say anything that will make them smile
- Tell them “Love yourself”
- Talk about all the positive things you can about them and their life
What not to say:
- You can’t do anything
- Why are you so slow?
- It’s your fault
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself
- You are useless
- You can’t improve
- Or any negative thing related to their life
I know as every day is not the same day for us everyday people experience different sort of situations. Some common issues can currently be seen in this pandemic, where people have nothing to do. Sitting idle at their places and searching for work. For many people, life has just paused. There has been an increase in number of people who entered the phase of depression cause this pandemic has impacted their financial issues, Family issues, Health issues, personal issues. It is just that a person should know how to deal such issues. People take medications for it, some consult therapist, consultants for it. But natural way of solving this feeling is always much better solution because medicines are going to give side effects in the long run.
There are so many things which people can do if they are having a bad day. Spending time with family gives utmost joy and happiness. Preparing a healthy meal, do meditation, yoga, travel or anything you like doing. Everyone has their own way to stay happy. Always try to have positive thoughts in your mind as well try to change your attitude in a good way.
What I do to stop myself from becoming depressed
So, I personally apply some of the techniques in my life to cope up with Sadness and Depression these are:
- I try to find a hobby– a hobby can be a great thing to distract you and keep you engaged somewhere.
- Always get surrounded by people you love for example your family members, Friends – try to hang out with them sit with them enjoy with them.
- Try to talk to others about how you feel – I know it may become hard for you to share with someone but trust me sharing will really help you to feel light and relaxed.
- Before doing any activity remove negativity from your mind- remember the god times you had not the bad times. Close your eyes and picture yourself in a happy moment.
- You are always better than others- remember your good quality how creative you are always motivating yourself.
- Try to Look forward for future- what happened, happened in the past try to move on
- Set goals for yourself- goals are very important for success.
Depression not only impacts us mentally but physically as well for physical improvement we should always go for a walk drinking water as much as we can. For emotional improvement we should meditate regularly we should spend time with family and most important we should always try to learn to new activity and develop new skills.
What I personally believe is, there are always two sides of mental illness.
- The side when you are around people and pretend like nothing is wrong. Acting like you have everything together by smiling when deep down you are hurting.
- The side when you feel you are all alone. You think it can’t be better, you don’t understand why you are going through this alone and wish you had somebody to tell your problems to.
So, we should always keep in mind no one is less than the other. Everyone has some or the quality in himself/herself. At the end of the day tell yourself gently. “I love you, you did the best you could.” Because sometimes a worst place you can be is in your own head.” Don’t let your own mind become your worst place to live with. Always remember. Love yourself for who you are.
“If you can dream it. You can get it. The comeback is always stronger than the setback “