Foods for Good Looking and Healthy Skin
“Look for foods that create beauty from the inside out. Instead of coating yourself in chemical laden beauty products, why not try to get healthy skin from the foods you eat.” David Wolfe
Having a beautiful and a glowing skin is what everyone dreams of. I am a big believer of the fact that if you focus on good skin care, you really won’t need a lot of makeup. Taking care of skin requires a lot of things which also include a healthy diet. I hope you people know that “Whatever we eat can have a direct impact on how we look”
So, my people, here I am with a few info on diet for healthy skin. I hope it will be helpful to you. Before moving further let us know more about our skin.
What is skin?
Skin is the largest organ of our body. It is the softest layer of our body is an outer covering of the human body. There are two types of skin, hairy and hairless. It is the skin which tells people about our health. If your skin looks beautiful then everyone can guess that you also have good health. If your skin looks dull then it’s a clear indication of your depleting health. Health is always connected with your skin. Your Skin mirrors your health.
Good Looking and healthy Skin
“Healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness”
Good Looking Skin not only appeals to your eye but also is a reflection of your healthy being. Your skin tells a lot about your personality. All around the world we see people with different skin problems, different skin color, different skin requirements and so on.
Nowadays as we all know the busy lifestyle does not provide us enough time to rest. As a result, we are unable to take good care of our skin. So, for all those busy people it is advisable that, for a glowing and healthy skin they should follow a healthy diet.
But now the question arises, what food items are best for Good Looking Skin?
Healthy diet gives longer result
A good-looking skin demands a lot of effort. Applying lotions and using good skin care products are not enough. We need to keep tabs on our diet too. There are various types of food items that will help us in getting a glowing skin. Healthy and balanced diet plays an important role in glowing skin. Along with a healthy diet, our way of living also affects our skin. When we are confident about the way we look, it eventually makes us happy. Foods protect your skin according to different weather conditions whereas, Beauty products are temporary, and healthy diet goes a long way.
Below is the list of food items that will lead to a glowing and healthy skin.
foods for healthy skin..
- Water: Drinking water is not only important for good health but also important for healthy and younger looking complexion. Water is the best way to keep your skin clean and glowing.
- Drinking more water can help you fight various skin problems. In our day to day life, our body loses a large amount of water. So, you have to replace it by drinking more water. Otherwise your skin will suffer many problems, it may be dry, tight and flaky.
- Water helps to flush toxins from your skin and provides a clear good-looking skin.
- Watermelon: Watermelon can be used not only as a fruit but also as a skin care product. It is full of vitamins E and C. It is made up of only water and pure sugar so it is not very acidic. With the help of watermelon, you can improve your oily, acne-prone skin. It helps to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. It also acts as a skin toner, which helps to refresh your skin.
- Olives: Olive oil is very rich in vitamin A and E. It helps to reduce the dryness of our skin. It has very powerful antioxidants. Olive oil has only 7 calories. It also maintains our skin oil balance. Sun damage can be reduced with olives. Eat olives = stay good-looking.
- Grapes: Grapes are high sources of potassium. Grapes are rich in vitamins and minerals. Vitamins such as A, B-6, B-12, C and D, calcium, iron and magnesium.
They can protect your skin from cancer. The fruit seeds enhance skin elasticity.
- Kiwi: kiwi with vitamins C and E protects our skin. Amino acids in kiwi treat UV damage. Vitamin E moisturizes the skin. It also has anti-aging skincare power .It will be your best friend to remove acne.
- Strawberries: strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. It is rich in vitamin c and helps in protecting our skin. It gives us healthy looking and glowing skin. Folic acid available in it removes pimples.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are the source of lycopene (A red pigment and antioxidant) and fiber. It has too much of vitamin C, Potassium, vitamin K1 which provides healthful skin. Tomatoes also helps to reduce the oil from the surface of the skin. Which further helps to reduce the chances of blackheads and whiteheads. So add tomatoes in your daily diet.
- Seafood: Sea foods rank amongst the best food for glowing skin. These include Vitamin A, B, D, E, Omega-3, 6 and 9. We all know sea food is very good for our health. It is the way to spotless and smooth skin. It helps to remove wrinkles. UV rays are very harmful for the skin and cause sunburn, pigmentation. But seafood has a large amount of fish oil which helps in protecting our skin from harmful UV rays.
- Lemon: Lemon is a natural product that is usually present in various beauty products. We have to take lemon drink in summer to provide skin care. Lemons have strong antibacterial properties. It clears and brightens your skin. It reduces higher pigmentation. Lemon is also used in homemade beauty remedies. One squeezed lemon in a glass of water with an empty stomach can do wonders.
- Yogurt: yogurt has many antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is not only tasty but also has many benefits. curd or yogurt should be a part of your daily diet because it is useful for your skin as well as your hair. It also contains probiotics, helps in maintaining your skin’s natural beauty.
- Green Tea: The catechins available in green tea prevent cell damage and repair the skin. One or two cups of green tea in a day can contribute a lot for our glowing skin. The best natural home remedies for healthy skin is Green tea. We always hear about people who go to doctors to see an instant change in health, if they get acne. However green tea can save us from not only acne but also helps in reduction of weight. It will also save us from doctors. (Winks)
- Ginger: Ginger is great for your health and skin. It comes from the plant Zingiber officinale. You can use it either in tea or in any of your other dishes. It will not only enhance the taste but will also help our skin. Ginger juice is also a part of skin creams and lotions. It keeps your skin young and lovely. Ginger has great toning properties that result in radiant skin. It also helps to Reduce White Scars.
As you people know that there is no end to home remedies and food products that might help us in achieving a glowing skin. I tried to narrow down a list of healthy products, along with their benefits. But as the saying goes by
“When it comes to skin care, nothing seems enough”.