How to Detox Your Body
Hello people!!!! Christmas just passed and in a few days, we will be welcoming the new year. Since we have a tradition of celebrating the new beginnings and festivals with a blast and parties, the thing that gets ignored during such time is our self-care. We tend to party and eat a lot, sleepless, uncontrolled intake of sugar and calories, and whatnot. This all leads to an imbalance both physically and mentally. As it is said, throwing a party is less difficult than wrapping it up. Similarly disturbing a normal routine is easier but moving back to it is difficult. So today I’ll be sharing with you how to detox your body from all the bloating, heaviness, puffiness, and other digestive issues caused due to the intake of festive food. Moreover, we hope that this New Year brings a lot of happiness, wealth, good health to your life. And with this note let’s move towards our post.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY DETOXIFICATION?
Detoxification means cleansing of the body by removing all the impurities. Removal of impurities from the liver is taken into much consideration because this is where toxins are processed. Not only from the liver but accumulated toxins on other parts like kidneys, lungs, intestines, lymph, and skin are also removed. After all the removal of unwanted particles, our body tends to function properly and hence becomes balanced with the improved immune system.
- Detox is necessary to regulate your body weight. Most people face the issue of increasing weight after the festival seasons due to all the overeating, sugar intake, and drinking. Starting a detox diet along with exercise you will be able to attain that old look of yours easily.
- Excessive sugar intake demands more insulin, which further puts a strain on your pancreas and can cause chronic, fatigue, diabetes, weight gain.
- Detox will also help in removing the harmful toxins from your body. As we all know that times are difficult hence we need to take precautions. Hence we should resort to detox after all the hocus pocus to maintain the natural functioning of the body.
- As I mentioned above, all the festive seasons and these parties lead to an imbalance. We tend to remain awake for long and as a result, a destroyed schedule, and the first thing that’s put aside is our regular exercise. A lack of exercise and a bad diet can cause fatigue, sinus, muscle ache, headache, bloating, gas problems, and whatnot. Detox with the help of lighter food products and exercise can help you get back to normal very easily.
FULL BODY DETOX
There are multiple ways to detox your body. You resort to a proper diet, healthy drinks (like herbal tea, green tea), lighter food products, green vegetables, etc. I’ll be sharing a few ways and would love to hear your reviews. The diet plan that you follow. The comment section is always open for you people. Now not delaying things further let’s move towards our list.
1. DRINK WATER
The first and the foremost step with which you should start your detox journey is to drink lots and lots of water. Lack of water in our system affects not only our body but our skin too. Remember when you are opting for this step don’t forget to add a few drops of lemon juice or honey to your glass of warm water. For better results begin your day with this above-mentioned drink and it will do wonders.
2. A SATTVIC DIET
After all, the partying and excess eating of non-vegetarian and oily food products try to maintain a SATTVIC diet. Detox should begin from cleaning our inner self, that is we should start the cleansing process from the inside. We should opt for receptors that are free from onion and garlic and also avoid meat for a few days. You may also go for a simple Dal, vegetables, chapati, and rice diet. This will help in keeping your digestive system healthy.
3. FRUIT SALAD
Fasting is considered one of the best and easiest ways of removing toxins from your body. So if you feel like you have overloaded yourself with all the sugar, heavy food products, oily substances then you should resort to fruit salad. By adding fruits and salad to your diet your body will receive two types of benefits. One removal of toxins and the other nourishment of your body with vitamins and nutrients.
4. HERBAL OR GREEN TEA
If you ask me honestly, for me it’s very difficult to develop a habit of green tea. Although I know that it can nourish our body with innumerable benefits. Hence I would like to suggest that, don’t be a stupid child like me. Try and exchange your regular cup of coffee and tea with green or herbal tea. The main concept of detoxing the body is to provide rest to our digestive system. So it’s better to avoid regular beverages.
During the festive seasons or party time, we tend to disturb our mental health a lot. Like all the chaos, remaining awake for longer hours, long chit chats, and other things. This stuff can lead to a disturbance in our minds. Due to insufficient sleep, we might feel headache, dizziness, fatigue. To wave off all the mental stress we should opt for meditation. It will help in the detoxification of our minds. By giving us the much required “Me” time so that we can let all the bad thoughts leave.
6. YOGA ASANAS AND PRANAYAM.
If you are a regular reader of our blog you might know that we focus a lot on yoga and its benefits. This is so because it’s the most natural way of nourishing your body, mind, and skin. However here what you can do is choose a few Asanas for detox that will focus on removing the stiffness, fatigue, back or neck pain. It will also help in maintaining your breathing patterns and will help you in connecting with your inner self.
7. SLEEP WELL
This is something that I have been repeating again and again throughout the article. Not sleeping well is the major cause of fatigue, irritation, agitation, dizziness, and all. During the festivities, the main thing that gets affected is our sleep. Hence it is recommended that once all these functions, parties are over, try to focus majorly on your sleeping patterns.
Hence this list includes ways which I resort to, to detox myself. You can share yours in the comment section.
A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Do keep in your mind that you chew your food well. Because not chewing food properly can cause abdominal bloating and indigestion.
- Resort to mindful eating. Which is considered the best way to detox. Don’t eat until your mind asks you to.
- Include a lot of alkaline fruits like apple, banana, berries, grapes, lemon, orange, peach, pear, and watermelon.
- Avoid sugar. Refined sugar.
- If you are a smoker and a drinker, avoid it for a few days. It will help in speeding up the recovery process.
- Try to go for a 30-40 Min walk after every meal.
Concluding it, I would like to say detoxification is a must. Try to keep good care of your body. This is the only thing that will help you in every situation and will also go a long way with you.
Wishing you all a happy new year. And lots of love from our blog GOOD VIBES BLOGGING.