Gua Sha Benefits For Face | Beauty Trend 2021
Gua Sha Benefits For Face – Introduction
Benefits of Jade Gua Sha stone for face – Hey people, Hope you all are having a great start of 2021. I am sure most of you have already begun to work towards your New Year Resolution. Well, my New year resolution is not new. It is still the same and that’s what I always promote Self-care and Self-love.
Today, through this post I am going to talk about another way of pampering your self. Skincare is a very important part of self-care and self-love especially for women, and hence I have decided to write about the very trending thing in the beauty industry 2020-2021. That is Jade Gua Sha Stone Facial Massage for that youthful glow and rejuvenation. I have been following this Jade Gua Sha stone massage for face for past 2 months now.
About Gua Sha
Gua sha Massage is an Ancient Chinese wellness treatment in which skin is scraped for the natural drainage of lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are basically the tiny structures in our body that filter harmful substances. They are made from immune cells that help in fighting infection by destroying germs that are carried in through lymph fluid. There are hundreds of lymph nodes that are available in our body throughout. Gua Sha is made from natural and non-porous jade stones, a type of marble stone that heals the skin as per Ancient Chinese healers.
Gua Sha drains the lymph nodes and also promotes blood circulation. These two special features make it a magic stone as it blesses every part it touches.. There are many other benefits of a Jade Gua Sha Stone. But in today’s post, we are just going to focus on Its benefits for the face. The Jade Gua Sha facial tools are used for natural face lifting. Many people think that it works as a natural botox treatment without injections, but to get that benefit, you should start it at the right age. It is much beneficial in filtering and eliminating toxins to balance the fluids in the body. Basically, it heals and balances our inner energies. It makes us sense the balance and harmony within.
Jade Gua stones are in different colours and shapes. It varies because they are made from genuine and unique stones. But they work in the same way.
Gua Sha Benefits For Face
Using gua sha stone for facial massage gives the following Gua Sha Benefits For Face if used regularly.
- Helps in skin rejuvenation by massaging and intentionally scraping
- Reduces puffiness on the face or around the eyes.
- It makes your face well contoured with refined looks
- Reduces inflammation
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Gives a youthful glow to the skin
- It naturally sculpts the face and uplifts
- Freshens complexion and increases luminosity
- Releases tensions from your face muscles
How to use a Gua Sha Stone to get Gua Sha Benefits For Face.
Using a Gua sha tool for facial massage is not a tough job. It is very easy to use. You just need to follow the correct scraping directions and a suitable pressure of scraping.
Certain steps to follow before you begin the massage
- Apply a face oil, face serum, or any face cream before you begin the massage. Choose any one product that suits you.
- Begin the massage from the neck then move upwards to your forehead. First neck, then jawline, now cheeks and nose after that. Then the eye contour area and forehead should be the last.
- Massage gently and lightly. You can even use a bit of pressure if you want. But make sure, the pressure is not too hard as it can damage the veins.
- Repeat 5 to 7 strokes slowly in each direction. It should be done equally on both the sides
- Do it a minimum of 3 times a week if you want to see good results. It can also be done every day
- Though I am trying my best to explain the theoretical part. You can always go through many Videos available on youtube for a Gua sha facial massage tutorial.
- Handle the tool with care as it is very fragile. It can break if it falls down and then it will be useless to keep it because even a tiny crack will hurt your skin.
- After using the tool, gently clean it and wipe it with a dry cloth. You can put it back in its box in which you have bought it. ( A good brand never sells it without proper packaging and box)
- Prefer not sharing your stone with anybody else for hygiene safety and the spread of skin disease.
- Do not use harsh chemicals on it, as it may damage the stone and its polish.
- Make sure you eat a healthy diet. Foods for healthy skin and drink a lot of water.
My Experience with Jade Gua Sha Facial Massage
I got to know about this beauty tool a few months back through Instagram. I had no knowledge about it until I researched it a lot on the internet. Because still, many people around me have not heard about it. Well, I have explained it above. Now, in this part, I will describe my experience.
So, finally, after a lot of research, reviews and tutorials that I saw online, I finally decided to buy this tool. I ordered a Gua Sha tool from NYKAA.Com. The brand that I chose is known as “The Rolling Concept”. There are only a few brands available for this beauty tool with different prices. The price range is somewhere between 1000 to 2500 Rupees for 1 stone. The one I bought cost me around 1100 Rs. after discount.
Generally, a Gua Sha stone comes in a good box so that you can keep it safe inside that after use. The one I ordered came into this nice green box with a “direction to use” manual. Inside the box, the tool is placed safely between the foam. Different brands have different types of packaging. So, do check the packaging before you order online for aftercare.
I have been using Jade Gua Sha stone for face massage foe past two months now. I use it almost every night before I sleep. Before massage I apply this face serum called “Hydrating Rose from Organic India Kure”, so that the stone glides easily and it become easy and smooth to scrape. Sometimes I also apply a simple moisturizer only from Cetaphil. Then I begin the massage as per the directions I have learned from the tutorial. It just takes less than 5 minutes to complete all the strokes.
I have a hypersensitive skin. Before I started doing this massage 2 months back, there were some early signs of aging on my face. Like fine lines on my forehead and one visible wrinkle on the area that joins upper lip and cheek (I don’t know what do we call that particular area ). And my face also had some puffiness around eyes.
I followed this massage routine at night religiously everyday for 2 weeks, and I saw a lot of changes that happened on my face gradually. Guys this is going to be a very honest review. Trust me, my face started looking more fresh and even. There is a glow on my face and that uplift is back which I lost while loosing weight. My face looks uplifted, wrinkle free, plump. The best part is that, the one big wrinkle that started to appear below the right side nose is not there anymore. This Jade gua sha stone massage is the best thing that I could do with my face.
Another best thing about it is, that my hypersensitive skin easily adjusted to this massage, there were no breakouts at all. In fact after the massage, my face looked a bit red but it was just because of some easy light scraping. It happens with everyone after massage. This redness fades away in few minutes. With the use of face serum and Gua Sha stone together, I did not get any flakiness and dryness on my face this winter. It is going perfect and I am having good skin days with a nice natural glow. Gua sha stone massage also gives relief in my head when I do it on the forehead. It presses some points on forehead that helps in curing migraine.
Pros of Using Jade Gua Sha stone for face
- Gives natural nourishment to skin
- suitable for sensitive skin
- Some people may get some breakouts in starting, but they will disappear in few days. Begin massage again when breakout is cured.
- Works as a natural Botox
- You can save a lot of money that you spend in salons for other facials. See some nice Gua Sha Massage tutorials on Youtube and you are good to do it yourself.
- No side effect if used properly with suitable pressure.
- It is a bit expensive stone
- Handle with care, even if it gets a tiny scratch on the sides, it becomes useless as the scratch will hurt your skin.
Concluding it, I would like to say that, its been 2 months that I have been using this. And I am having some really good time with my skin. It is really working for my skin like a magic. I am sure it will work for you as well. Please follow the directions and instructions properly. I am again saying that do check some tutorial on youtube before you use it.