Do’s and don’ts for Diabetes, A serious health issue
DIABETES- A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE
India is a capital where people have easy access to gyms, good food, enough knowledge and awareness regarding how we can stay fit. However, it also procured a remarkable position amongst the places which have the highest rate of diabetic people. Most of the people nowadays are prone to diseases. Amongst those diseases the one which we are going to talk about is diabetes. Diabetes is so common that not only aged people but also newborns are a victim to it.
It can happen naturally or risk may also increase due to a lot of sugar intake. People might be suffering from some minor issues, ones that can be cured easily. But if a person becomes a victim of diabetes even the minor diseases take a serious form.
Hence it is advisable that it should be controlled when caught. Diabetes is a fatal disease. It requires regular monitoring. Our body has a hormone known as insulin that utilize sugar from the food products that we consume. The sugar is further used in providing energy to our body. However, when the sugar intake increases it can damage our kidneys. Which further affects the process of filtration of waste products from our blood. Before moving ahead and discovering the ways, the do’s and don’ts, we need to know what exactly it is.
What is diabetes?
‘Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. Blood glucose is your main source of energy and comes from the food you eat. Insulin, a hormone made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy. Sometimes your body doesn’t make enough—or any—insulin or doesn’t use insulin well. Glucose then stays in your blood and doesn’t reach your cells. ” NIDDK
Over time, having too much glucose in your blood can cause health problems.’
Diabetes is further of two types
Type 1 diabetes A chronic condition in which the pancreas produce a little or no insulin.
Type 2 diabetes A chronic condition that affects the way a body processes blood sugar.However, diabetes in any form is harmful and requires instant and regular attention.
DIABETES MOST COMMON SYMPTOMS
Actually, there are no clear symptoms for diabetes. The most common symptoms of diabetes are as follows:
- a constant feeling of thirst
- frequent urination
- increased hunger
- tiredness, fatigue
- weight loss.
- no healing of wounds easily
To diagnose Diabetes, doctors conduct a test which demands fasting for few hours. On the other hand, there are some other symptoms of diabetes. The symptoms are:
- vision changes
- gums order
- hair loss
- feeling of numbness
It is important to remember that 50%of diabetics’ patients have no symptoms of diabetes at the time of its diagnosis.
Sugar can also lead to blood pressure problems. People get bound due to this. And the ones who have low sugar problems they feel claustrophobic. People with high sugar levels can have uncertainty while traveling through flights. It is believed that a diabetic patient should follow the prescribed schedule of medicines. Instead of taking artificial sugar products they should consume natural sugar.
HEALTHY TIPS FOR DIABETES EVERYONE SHOULD FOLLOW
- Eat food at fixed hours
- Do not eat immediately after workout
- If you are on insulin, make sure you have three proper meals with light snacks in between.
- Do not overeat
- Drink a lot of water that will help flush the toxins if your system.
- Include fresh vegetable salad in every meal.
- Have at least 20 to 25 gm of onion daily.
- Make sure the gaps between your meals are short.
- Do at least 1-hour exercise daily.
Diabetes causes infections if it is not caught at an early stage. The infection might get serious and later will lead to amputation. A diabetic patient will suffer from aching feet and legs. So here are some Do’s and Don’ts for diabetic foot care.
The Do’s and Don’ts for Diabetic foot care
Diabetes foot care Do’s
- Caring for your feet
- Inspect your feet daily, including the bottoms for cuts, blisters, redness, swelling or nail problems
- Regularly moisturize your feet to avoid itching or cracking.
- Get period food exams from a foot and ankle surgeon to prevent complications.
- A step each day can help keep problems in check.
- it is important to move your legs so as to maintain the blood flow.
- Always shake out your shoes and feel for objects wearing inside.
- Maintain healthy blood sugar level
Diabetic foot care Don’t s
- Never use heating pads, heat water bottles or electrical blankets, which can easily burn your feet without noticing.
- Don’t try to remove corns on your own.
- Try to avoid wearing tight socks
- Don’t let your feet get wet in snow or rain – wear warm socks and waterproof shoes
- Don’t walk barefoot, even at home! You can easily get a scratch or cut.
Best time to eat
- For breakfast ideal timings-7-8 am
- Don’t have it later than-10 am
- Must remember: Eat within 30 mins of waking up.
- Ideal time-12:30-2 pm
- Don’t have it later than-4 pm
- Must remember: An ideal time gap between breakfast and lunch is 4 hours
- Ideal time:6-9 pm
- Don’t have it later on -10 pm
- Must remember: The meal should be at least 3 hours before your sleep
7 days sugar free challenge
- Eliminate white and brown sugars ,soda and diet drinks.
So in a nutshell, a healthy lifestyle with a combination of a balanced nutritious diet can do wonders. It is advisable that the conditions right now are not good. We need to take care of ourselves in a much better way. Certain things that we should do to avoid not only diabetes but also other diseases ; a balanced nutritious diet, avoiding processed foods, regular physical activity, optimum water intake, sound sleep and de-stressing one’s body will do the trick.