Weight Loss Tips – Introduction
Weight Loss Tips: This quarantine period came to us all as a major hit. However, every person in their own ways tried to make the most out of it. I have been watching videos and pictures of people around the world trying to do things which they were not able to do during the normal phase of life. I myself catered my thirst of writing and drawing during this phase.
People are not only motivating themselves but are also asking others to join them. During these difficult times, every person out there was doing their best to motivate themselves and others. As we all know sitting idle, doing nothing, away from jobs and our normal life was not at all easy.
However, the topic that was in limelight mostly was weight loss tips, self- awareness and so on. We know that there are very few people out there who are satisfied by the way they look. Some are worried about being underweight and some being overweight. In today’s article, I’ll be talking about certain Weight Loss Tips through which we can reduce our weight.
Ps – I still support the notion that you guys should love your body. Love the way it actually looks. You don’t need any changes.
“Work out because you love your body, not because you hate it. “
Foods that Help you Lose Weight
Weight loss journeys can be both painful and inspiring. It’s upon you whether you take it in a positive way or in a stressful way. Before beginning this journey keep in mind that you should opt for this because it’s something you want. Here we will talk about Foods that Help you Lose Weight.
Every journey is covered by taking steps. Some steps that you like and the others that you won’t. However, the combination will make you reach, to a beautiful end.
So, let’s begin this with the choice of Foods that Help you Lose Weight & what should be included and the ones that should be excluded.
The food you Should Include for weight loss
- Vegetables: Tomatoes, spinach, eggplant, mustard greens, okra, onions, bitter melon, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage and more
- Fruits: Including mango, papaya, pomegranate, guava, oranges, tamarind, lychee, apples, melon, pears, plums, bananas
- Nuts and seeds: Cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds and more
- Legumes: Mung beans, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, lentils, pulses and chickpeas
- Roots and tubers: Potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips, yams
- Whole grains: Brown rice, basmati rice, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, barley, corn, whole-grain bread, amaranth, sorghum
- Dairy: Cheese, yoghurt, milk, kefir, ghee
- Herbs and spices: Garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, fenugreek, basil and more
- Healthy fats: Coconut milk, full-fat dairy, avocado, coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, ghee
- Protein sources: Tofu, legumes, dairy, nuts and seeds.
The food you Should Exclude for weight loss
- Sweetened beverages: Soda, fruit juice, sweetened tea, sweet lassi, sports drinks
- High-sugar foods: Candy, ice cream, cookies, rice pudding, pastries, cakes, sweetened yogurt, high-sugar cereals, digestive biscuits
- Sweeteners: Jaggery, sugar, honey, condensed milk
- Sweetened sauces: Salad dressings with added sugar, ketchup, barbecue sauce, sweetened curries
- High-fat foods: Fast food like McDonald’s, french fries, chips, fried foods, bhujia
- Refined grains: Products including white bread, white pasta, biscuits
- Trans fats: Margarine, vanaspati, fast food, highly processed foods
- Refined oils: Canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, grapeseed oil
Weight Loss Workout & Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
In this section of the article I’ll be telling you some Weight Loss Workout & Exercise to Lose Belly Fat that you can do at your home itself. However I’ll prefer that instead of just going through this information provided by me, you should search others. There are many people out there who have made it a profession. Some of them are doing it for free and some might be charging a bit. But they can guarantee you the results you want. The Weight Loss Workout & Exercise that I will suggest maybe welcoming for some and might not be the same for the others.
Weight Loss Workout & Exercise
As we all know winters are coming. Nothing is better than a warm cozy bed. Getting out of it, for a mere walk is like hell. But let me tell you it actually helps. When the cold air touches your sweaty face it feels very soothing.
Walking is beneficial in maintaining one’s overall health. Walking is the best weight loss tips which is the basic and simplest routine one could follow to lose weight. Try walking slowly for about ten minutes daily. Increase the intensity, as you feel comfortable. Approximately 60-80 calories are burned during 5 minutes of brisk walk.
The second Weight Loss tip is doing Squats. Squats are a great way to lose inches from thighs, but it is also great to lose overall body weight. It increases the heartbeat and gives a feel of cardiovascular exercise. Stand with your feet shoulders width apart and squat in a sitting position. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor and back straight. If you find this workout difficult, use a chair for support.
Skipping is one thing that needs no introduction. We all enjoyed it as kids. Skipping is a full-body aerobic workout, which helps in muscle toning. It burns 10 calories per minute. Start with 10 minutes of skipping in a day, and then increase the duration with slight variations in style.
Abdominal fat is one problem that everybody wants to get rid of. The best and easiest way to do this is by doing crunches. Lay flat on your back with your knees bent. Place your hands under your hand and try to pull yourself up towards your knees. 3 sets of 25 repetitions on alternate days can do wonders to your body. 6 minutes of crunches in a day can burn up to 60 calories.
#5. Side leg raises
Just lay on either side and lift your leg as high as you can. This will help you to get rid of that stubborn fat on your sides and give you a much cleaner look. You can do it easily while standing as well. 300 raises can burn up to 40 calories.
Stretching not only helps you to feel relaxed, it is actually helpful in losing weight. It improves flexibility, increases blood circulation, relieves muscle tension, which contributes in fetching better results from the routine you follow. You can do it anywhere. 3 minutes of stretching after your workout are enough for visible results.
WEIGHT LOSS TIPS –CHANGES IN YOUR LIFESTYLE
So as you can see we are done with the major part but there are things, like small changes that do wonders. A few changes in your normal life can help you achieve that desired look in a much lesser time. So not taking much of you time I’ll narrate the points for thee..
I already told you people the benefits of walking but the reason for including it here is different. These days we are unable to meet our people in person. Hence we try to catch up with them on calls. What you can do is follow ‘walk and talk’. Take stairs instead of elevators(whenever possible). Cover small distances on foot rather than on any vehicle.
Smaller plates lead to smaller meals
Psychologically, you feel like the food consumed is less if you have eaten from a large plate. Trick your mind into feeling full by eating from a smaller plate, and reduce the possibility of overeating.
Drink more water
People tend to mistake their thirst for hunger, thus, making them eat a lot more than necessary. Staying hydrated throughout the day can help in this case. The next time you think you’re hungry, ask yourself if you are thirsty first, and then decide if you want to eat food or whether a glass of water will suffice.
Eat your meals slowly
It takes your stomach about 20 minutes to signal to the brain that it is full. If you gobble up your food faster than that, you may end up eating twice as much as your stomach’s capacity. Chewing your food slowly will help reduce the amount of food you eat, and ultimately result in weight loss.
Cut Back on Added Sugar
According to several studies, added sugar increases the risk of obesity along with other lifestyle disorders like type 2 diabetes, and heart diseases. One easy hack to lose weight is to consume less added sugar.
Read about Eating Too Much Sugar.
Control emotional eating
This is a point that should be kept in your mind and in consideration first. I myself am a stress eating person and I know how it can make all your efforts go in vain.
- Stressed – find healthier ways to calm yourself. Try yoga, meditation, or soaking in a hot bath.
- Low on energy – find other mid-afternoon pick-me-ups. Try walking around the block, listening to energizing music, or taking a short nap.
- Lonely or bored – reach out to others instead of reaching for the refrigerator. Call a friend who makes you laugh, take your dog for a walk, or go to the library, mall, or park—anywhere there’s people
Avoid distractions while eating
Try not to eat while working, watching TV, or driving. It’s too easy to mindlessly overeat.
Say ‘No’ to late-night Tv
Watching TV late at night delays your sleep and activates brain cells, thus, causing hunger pangs in the middle of the night. Cutting down on late-night TV can help prevent this. In addition to that, lack of sleep can indirectly lead to further weight gain.
Concluding it, I would like to say that our body is our temple. It is a home to our soul. We are supposed to protect it and we can do that only if we keep secure the foundation in which it resides. Moreover you should know that you are beautiful. You don’t need anybody to tell you this. Weight reduction or increasing should only be done when you feel like doing it. On the whole stay happy, stay motivated and stay hydrated.
As I always say, our blog is always open for suggestions. I would love to hear from you people, what you guys are doing to support your body. What are the different workout schedules you people are following to get your desired shape.