Benefits of Rice Water for Skin and Hair
Benefits of Rice Water – Introduction
I hope the winter season is treating you all just fine 😅.. As for me, winters and I don’t go along that we’ll. It’s like we have a kind of love-hate relationship. This is something I hope many can relate to. If you ask someone what their favourite season is, most of them will be affirmative towards the summer season. Although we can’t ignore that winter has its beauty. It’s probably the best season to enjoy the warmth of the sun, curling up by the fire, enjoying hot chocolate and whatnot.
However, out of many things that make it less likable I’ll be talking about the harmful effects that it unleashes on our skin.
Though every season affects our skin differently,, the winters demand a bit extra care than the others.
The magical ingredient that we will be talking about today is Rice water. It not only helps our skin but also our hair.
So in today’s post, I’ll be telling you, people, about Benefits of Rice Water for Skin and Hair & how this magical common ingredient can do wonders.
This rice water remedy is said to be adopted from Korean beauty secrets, as Korean people have the most amazing skin and hair. So, this ingredient is being used a lot in many cosmetic products these days.
What is Rice Water?
Rice water is the starchy water that is obtained by soaking the rice in water. Either it’s fermented or boiled rice water or just simply the plain water in which rice is soaked. All three types of rice water work. It is considered one of the most easily available home remedies to repair damaged hair and is also trusted for the rejuvenation of the skin. Rice water is rich in vitamins like B, C, and E. It also contains starch, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, inositol (natural carbohydrate). The vitamins, minerals, and all help in the protection of the skin. While the inositol carbohydrate helps in repairing the damaged hair.
BENEFITS OF RICE WATER FOR SKIN
Although I have already stated above how rice water is useful in protecting the skin and providing it the much-needed care. It contains amino acids which strengthen hair roots, add shine, and make hair smooth and silky. However, in this section, I’ll be talking about the preparation and its application. Will also be telling you people some more benefits of rice water.
HOW TO USE RICE WATER ON YOUR SKIN
1- This one is a simple recipe and it requires around 5 mins. According to the recipe, soak ½ cup of rice in a glass of water (make sure that the rice is already washed). Discard the first round and then during the second round let them remain soaked for 30 mins. Strain out the water after the given time and store it in a spray bottle. You can use this as a cleanser, toner, or face cleanser.
2- This step is for the ones who are not afraid of hard work 😂. So according to this step take ½ cup of rice and boil it with double the amount of water. After the rice has finished boiling, strain the water and store it in some jar or bottle. Simply apply this water to your skin and wash off after 30 minutes or so.
BENEFITS OF USING RICE WATER ON YOUR SKIN
As I mentioned above rice water contains vitamins like B, C, and E along with starch, proteins, minerals, carbohydrates which help in the protection of our skin. Rice water is a product which is not only cheap and easily available but can be very useful to us.
1) It can act as a cleanser, toner, and due to its cooling and soothing properties can also act as a knight against inflamed skin.
2) Regular use of rice water will help you in minimizing the appearance of pores, treat acne, can also help in reducing wrinkles, fine lines, etc. In short, it has anti-ageing properties.
3) Its regular use can also give you soft and glowing skin. Rice water can also act as a sunscreen, can help in balancing your pH, can treat sunburns, and so on
It’s a wonder liquid ❤️.
It is suitable for all skin types.
Ps- the shelf life of rice water is less. So keep on changing it timely for safe rice water benefits.
BENEFITS OF RICE WATER FOR HAIR
Carbohydrate inositol present in rice water along with other minerals, proteins, and vitamins helps in repairing damaged hair. This is something I already mentioned above but in this section, I’ll be talking about the preparation and application. So without any delay let’s move forward with this section ❤️.
HOW TO USE RICE WATER IN YOUR HAIR.
1- Take two cups of rice and add two times more water to it. Leave the rice to soak for 20-30 minutes. Strain the rice water into a glass bottle and leave this liquid in a dark place at room temperature for around 2 days. When a sour smell starts to emerge, pick the bottle up and store it in the refrigerator. Your mixture is ready to use.
*** This process is called fermentation. It enhances the existing vitamins and nutrients level present in the rice water already. This liquid has anti-dandruff, anti-itch, anti-hair fall properties and helps in oil control on the scalp.
BENEFITS OF USING RICE WATER TO YOUR HAIR
Although there are innumerable benefits of rice water I’ll be mentioning the ones that I experienced myself. Moreover, these are the ones that are experienced mostly by people around the world.
- Rice water acts as a conditioner and hence can be used after shampooing. The minerals in the rice water improve the texture of the hair by adding elasticity and increasing volume. This magic liquid also treats your frizzy hair and makes it smooth.
- As I mentioned above the amino acids present in rice water help in the regeneration of hair and aid faster growth of hair. Moreover the vitamins B, C, and E help in hair growth. It is hence suggested that you should wash your hair with rice water after shampoo.
- The carbohydrate inositol present in rice water protects your hair from damage. This carbohydrate decreases surface friction and improves elasticity.
- The anti-fungal properties that emerge in rice water after fermentation work against dandruff and helps in eliminating it.
- The rice water adds shine to hair and makes them silky. All you have to do is after shampooing washes your hair with rice water. But before rinsing let it rest for 20-30 mins.
Concludingly I wanna say that rice water does not have any harmful effects. However, the shelf life of rice water is not very long. You can also use cosmetic products that use Rice Water as main ingredient like “The Face Shop” All you need is to keep replacing it from time to time. It is suitable for all skin types. Before completing the article as I always say your suggestions are always welcome. The comment section is open for suggestions so please leave your reviews and your experiences. We will be more than happy to read what you want to say.